Pics of my xs400 racer single carb conversion

jdmjimi

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple snaps of my vm34 mikuni round slide single carb conversion, with a intake manifold i built. The carb is still to rich but i can tell a huge difference in response from the little 4oo. Pulled the front wheel about 3" on its first time out in oc. md. bike week 2010. (yes it was scarey haha). Well let me know what you think. IMG00558-20110326-1815[1].jpg

IMG00557-20110326-1815[1].jpg

I am also using a motion pro 1/4 turn trottle tube, made for a quick easy fit with the factory motion pro cable that came with the kit. Although it does give limited room on my clip on for any electronic controls.

Looks great. Something I'm going to try next fall.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but someone has a 2-1 in the Garage topics as well.

Last edited:
I put a single carb on my XS400 this winter. I took it for a drive on the weekend and it ran like crap. It did not like the cold weather at all, and the fuel/air charge seemed to seperate before it got to the cylinder. It may be better in warm conditions. It was only 5*C this weekend.

Mine was quite different though, with a much longer intake that put the carb on the left side of the motor forward. Maybe too long.

Keep us posted as how this works. I'd still like a single carb on my bike

Hey guys been lurking the forums for a while. Gotta say it has been a lot of help with my xs. I was just wondering what size tubing you used for you intake?

Back