Rebuilding Grandpa's Old 360 (Introduction

coal miner

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello All, I am a Mechanical Engineer, for a coal mine in central Texas near Waco.

My Grandpa's 360 sat in his barn since 1980, the last time it ran. I used to sit on it as a kid and tell him I wanted to ride it, his response being that it was too dangerous and he didnt want any of us grandkids getting hurt. As I've grown up I had aquired 2 bikes of my own but that bike had always been in the back of my mind. In last April I started to talk to him about it, just wanting to find out its history, when he offered it to me.

I received it in mostly assembled condition, with quite a few parts in boxes. But it blew my mind the amount of parts that he still remember where he had put them, even the original key.

I was sick for about six months after I received it, but in October I got started. Since then I have sorted out the parts, and to my disbelief they are all there, although some needed to be replaced. All it took to get it running was new oil, filters, cleaning up the carbs, and a battery. All in all, about $50 worth of parts. As I have tweeked it I have it running strong enough to try to run it down the street and back this week.

There is just one last problem, the PETCOCK. I got it in a box disassembled, bought a rebuild kit, but once rebuilt I have a serious leak out of some sort of pin hole in the back. I figure that I have something out of place. I will repost in the appropriate section as petcock with associated pics.

Thanks, Kc

Attachments

• xs360.JPG
    xs360.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Thanks Dave,

I've been lurking on the site for 8-9 months learning and researching. New Years resolution, make myself known, check!

Kc

Back