Transmission Rebuild

Ryno

Life is a great adventure
Reaction score
So I'd like to start by saying that if I'm able to do this, then anyone is. I've never even as much as changed my own oil before. But thanks to this site/all of your threads/and youtube I've been able to tear down my engine with no problems. I was able to diagnose and remove the broken gear in my transmission.

I've ordered all new parts to rebuild the tranny on ebay for only $70! Until I finish the project I thought I'd share some photos that I've taken so far. i'd love any advice or suggestions on the reassembly since this is my first time ever working on an engine.

I hope that these photos can help someone else in the future!

Ryno!:thumbsup:

2ufalqd.jpg

Original post: http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10896

If you start an album, the system, while uploading, will reduce the size of the files automatically. The system allows for 5 uploads at the same time, but it will fail. just do 3 to 4 a shot. I have been putting photos of my journey in a couple albums. Just cause I am geek, and I have gotten help by at least having a reference out there. (Thanks Dave)

I was able to increase my Zoom in by 300 times, to see your pics. that was pretty good!

(Scorpio Hold down the CTRL key, and hit the plus sign, or minus sign a bunch of times. Then when down, Hold down the CTRL Key and hit the other key a bunch of times, or Ctrl Zero. Let go of the CTRL key when you have it the size your looking for!

Unless your using a mac, then I have no idea, Really techie people with mouse wheel, Hold down the CTRL, and spin the wheel.

I just uploaded the pic to my computer and used windows picture veiwer to increase the size.It work well or me then I just delete the pic when Im done.

Back