Review of Partsnmore

MechNewb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to give a quick review of Parts N More. I recently bought a bunch of parts from them and wanted to warn others.

I bought a clutch cable, fork seals, oil filter, carb boots, air filters, and carb needles and seats.

Most products worked as they should except for the needle and seat and air filters. The needles and seats did not fit even though they stated they were for a 79 an the air filters have the lips which block the carbs.

I have never ordered carb parts from them but I have ordered other hard like brake pads and some other things.The only thing that made me wonder is I got no confirmation of my order:wtf:
For carb parts Mikexs carries a better selection thats garanteed to fit your application.

I ended up just replacing the needles and put the old seats back in to get it running. I also trimmed down the air filters lip.

The seats may work for you, Ive got a 79 so they may work with the newer carbs.

How were the fork seals? I've got a 79 as well that needs fork work and have been looking for a place to order from that delivers to Canada...unfortunately Mikesxs doesn't and didn't see them on xs650direct.com (the canadian mikesxs - somewhat limited in what they carry by comparison). Are your forks 33mm?

Unfortunately I dont plan on replacing them until the winter, as I dont want my bike out of commision for that long. They seem alright though. And yes, 33 mm forks.

If you guys need any parts or have questions about parts my buddy Brenden(Owner of the motorcycle collective I attend) gets all my XS400 parts for me. I say what I need or what I think I need and he does the leg work and gets me the parts. Drop him a line at hondacb360.com(What he specializes in. He knows older jap bikes well).

Parts N More is the most terrible laid out internet store for parts I have ever seen.Nothing of pages that repeat and repeat and repeat of stupid things like phillips screws,water flask,nuts an bolts with no specific search.The site seems like it was constructed by a 5 year old.My 3 cats are more intellegent that the person/s who came out with the layout of this store.IF you can find the part you are looking for after searching through pages and pages and more pages the prices are reasonable with decent shipping time but with no invoice sent to you.

I have a suspicion that PartNMore is owned by the same people who own xs650direct.com...Or are some what related by some common link. I think this because they both ship out of the same small town in Ontario (at least when you ship to Canada). It seems weird that the only two online shops that sell xs400 parts happen to be in the same small town ( i mean like 30K population small)

Totally agree, Parts N More sells extremely poor quality merchandise. Very cheaply made and worst of all, they don't stand behind the defective parts they sell. I'd say avoid them and look for a reputable supplier.

The needles and seats did not fit even though they stated they were for a 79 an the air filters have the lips which block the carbs.

Pretty sure I had the exact same issue a few years ago with my '78. I definitely sent them an email letting them know their application was wrong back then :p

I ended up re-ordering a keyster kit from http://www.siriusconinc.com/

Found this thread through a Google search. I can confirm "partsnmore" and xs650direct are the same entity, after receiving an order from the latter and the return address being PARTSNMORE, Ontario, etc.

I got petcocks, mirrors, throttle tube, grips and some other bits for my XS500. All the parts look decent.

I bought the aftermarket non-vacuum petcock. I measured my tank holes at 46 mm and that is what they sent. However, the screw holes were juuust a bit off. Just enough that by the time I realized I couldn't avoid cross-threading the bolts, it was already too late. So I resolved the issue by just cranking the S*** out the the bolts until they were tight and praying to god that I didn't snap them off, which I didn't.

BUYER BEWARE!

Yeah, but you don't really think through things when your really angry about getting hosed by your parts dealer. And I had the bolts right there and didn't want to buy new ones. I don't like to call it cross-threading. I merely call it RE-threading. lol

Back