What Pods should I get?

77 XS360

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I am trying to order a pair of air filters for the carbs on my 77 XS360. I don't have too much money to spend so I am looking for some air filter pods for a reasonable price. I found some here: http://www.mikesxs.net/products-138.html#products and I really like the 48mm clip on air filter at the bottom of the page. Would that fit on my XS360 carbs? If not do you have any suggestions on other reasonable air filters? Thanks

I know you said you dont have alot of cash to spend but please save yourself the time and grief,DONT BUY EMGOS!Dont skimp on buying pods,save for a while if you have to.

The 360 carbs use a 52mm filter. They don't have the issue with the air jets getting blocked off because they don't use a removable air jet. Also they are recessed in the carb more than the 400's are. In the pic the one on the left is a 360 carb and the one on the right is a 77-79 400 carb.

Attachments

• DSC02007.jpg
    DSC02007.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 324
much appreciated kindest. did you have to re-jet after putting this filter on?
I'm thinking about keeping mine as close to the original as i can (yes, this may be love) so i don't need to get them badass looking mesh air filter.

I did re-jet.. I don't know if I had too but I did. I changed my exhaust to shorty's as well so I probably had no choice. If you don't want to screw with anything why not just buy lawnmower foam air filter sheets and cut them and put them in the stock air holders.

yeah... i've been looking in ebay cus mine didn't come with the box, and they can be pricey! plus in long run i may as well get something i can replace easier. as of now engine idles fine without it so i may as well take a chance and try your recommendation, they take the carbs apart :)

anyone else has input please let me know.

well if you don't have the stock air boxes then ya you definitely need something. :p
You can always re-jet later .. It's literally a 20 minute job and a 1/10 on the difficulty rating.

What do you have on there now?

Back