Wanted - 18" Rear Wheel

We have a pretty decent sized bike parts yard here....I can check to see if they have an 18 the next time Im there (about 2 weeks) if you want. The only thing is that Im in southern Indiana....I dont know if shipping would be worth it. Wish I could help out more.

Yeah, hardtailed, I'd appreciate it. Looking for the MAG version. If you can find a set 18" front and rear, that would be good so I can just send them straight to powder coat. thanks. shipping is no problem. I haven't had any luck so far around here. Thanks

I see that all the documentation regarding the 1978 XS400 says it came with the rear 18s, but all the bikes i've seen locally, including mine have don't have it, and several only have the spoke wheels. maybe this was a commonly cannibalized part or something. I don't know. Its weird.

I did a little searching on Craigslist around here without much luck. I think I found one on Ebay, but i'm not sure if it's the 18 or the 16. Seller claims it's from a 78, but I would at least send him a question about the size. The price seems a little steep, but for something it seems like you've been trying to hunt down for awhile, it may be worth it for you. Check out the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260594368841&crlp=1_263602_304652&ff4=263602_304652&viewitem=&guid=85902dc712c0a06456377a97ffd04851&hlp=false&rvr_id=175556209712&ua=%3F*I8&itemid=260594368841

Hardtailed: awesome, thanks for the info... didn't see that listing before. i emailed the guy, and it is an 18". thanks for the help. yeah, it is a little on the high$$ side, especially with shipping $130... thats almost half of what I paid for the whole bike. anyway, i'm sure this guys figured out that he's got something thats hard to find. i'm still thinking whether to go for it or not.

I have a rear 18"x2.15" with a new tire no miles. I'd like to put a wider wheel/tire on my project. what is the width of your wheel and how about a pic. You can PM me.

Hardtailed: awesome, thanks for the info... didn't see that listing before. i emailed the guy, and it is an 18". thanks for the help. yeah, it is a little on the high$$ side, especially with shipping $130... thats almost half of what I paid for the whole bike. anyway, i'm sure this guys figured out that he's got something thats hard to find. i'm still thinking whether to go for it or not.
No problem man.

Back