For Sale - 1979 XS400 runs with 2-1 pipe etc $200 OBO

Ilovemountains

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m selling my 79 XS400, I’ve decided to rebuild my dad’s old 74 DT360 Enduro instead of wrenching on the XS and its taking up space in my garage! It has newer tires, mag wheels, front and rear disk brakes, a 2-1 exhaust system and one key. It does not come with a title; I do have a paper from the towing company that I bought it from though. As it sits you would need to put a fresh oil filter in it and oil and a battery and give it a once over to have a cheap ride or parts bike. I had it running and rode it around the little town I live in with the battery from my dual sport the day I brought the bike home. I started tearing it down to clean it up but have decided to restore my dad’s old trail bike instead. The XS is located in Harpers Ferry WV 25425. It’s ugly and has been painted but it’s more or less all there and runs! The day I brought it home from the towing company I hooked a battery up, fresh gas and on the 2nd kick it started right up and sounded good. The pictures are from the day I picked it up at the towing yard. The guy was stopped riding without a tag and never came to pick the bike up so after so many months they were able to sell it. Anyway come get it out of my garage! Email me Mbernazzoli@hotmail.com with XS400 in the subject line if your serious about picking it up.

xs-2.jpg

XS-1.jpg

Just picked up the oil filter and 2 quarts of Valvoline 10w40 motorcycle oil and fresh fuel line, Ill have it up and running and am open to offers, I want it out of my garage!

Dude Im across the contry in colorado... I need parts though.... If you part it out I need the whole front end ( forks, rim, caliper, rotor, master cylinder and cable) lemme know if your interested.......

Back