1980 xs sprecial II Manual

Matterz

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
OK I'm an internet dolt...where's the manual section where I can find a manual for my sons new/old/ceased/knuckle scarring yard find? A neighbour donated it to him if we could pull it out of the yard. What have I got myself into!? lol...he's stoked and loving the challenge. I'm all smiles as my first bike was a 1979 xs 400. ahhh the good ole days. I ride a Harley ironhead myself, 1978 full custom chopped and stretched. Love it. Cheers for any help and direction for the manual.

Thanks,

-Matterz

Welcome to the forum. Hope you can resurrect the old beast. Look at the top of the this list of garage threads and you will see ones stickied at the top of the list. You won't find one for each specific year and model but just the one-size-fits-all factory service manual. The manual can be downloaded and printed.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you can resurrect the old beast. Look right above your thread and you will see ones bookmarked at the top of the list. You won't find one for each specific year and model but just the one-size-fits-all service manual.

Thanks for the welcome. Noticed that just a moment ago. Good ole Stickies. And thanks ya it should be a bit of a challenge but fun for my son and I. We've already chopped it and am looking into the motor to see what it needs to come back to life. so far the cam and top end shows no wear and is clean. Need the manual to check tolerances and what not but I'm happy with what I see so far. We'll post some pics as we go.

Peace,

-Matterz

Back