Acewell Speedometer Install

namn1022

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Has any one ever install an Acewell 2853 Speedo (or any digital speedo/tach) to a 82 XS400 Seca, I've been trying to research and refer to the wiring diagram, and I cannot get to work. I can get the neutral light to come on, and thats about it, No clock light or any other numbers will show up. I bought the motorcycle with no instrumental cluster, so wiring the speedo been a real pain for me, since I'm quite new to motorcycles. If anyone can help, it would be highly appreciated.

Posted via Mobile

This is what I have so far. Any tips?
acewell_wiring012.jpg

wiring_1.jpg

[/url]
wiring_2.jpg
[/IMG]

It's a really good looking speedo, I've been looking into that one myself, I just have the stock one. Hopefully someone can give you some advice!

Okay, I think I got it, after taking another look.

Orange is #39 (Left Signal). It's a Chocolate Brown cable
Light Green is #36 (High Beam). Yellow Wire
Light Blue won't connect to anything - we don't have hazard lights.
Purple is #35 (Neutral). Sky Blue wire (the Brown in the wiring diagram is accessory power.)
Gray is #37 (Oil Light). Black with Red Stripe wire.
White is #38 (Right Signal). It's a Dark Green wire.

Black is ground. Tap any black, or run a wire to the frame.
Brown to any brown - that's a good accessory power line.
Red to brown (I think.) My bike doesn't have an ACC function on my key, but I think that's what this wiring diagram is written for. I'd just run it to Brown too, so it turns on when the key is inserted.
Blue goes nowhere - we don't have a fuel gauge.

Green, Black and Yellow will all go to sensors that came with your kit, I think. Green and Black must be the sensors for your front wheel speedo replacement, and Yellow must be the RPM sender that likely attaches to one of your spark plug leads.

Try that out. I'm pretty sure as soon as you tap Brown for power, you'll be laughing.

Thanks so much, for helping me out with this. I away for holiday, but as soon as I get home, Im trying this out. I'll let you know when it works.

Posted via Mobile

Back