Any beer brewers out there?

skillzman1

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
talking DIY homebrewing...just bought a kit and brewed my first batch yesterday..red ale for the first try...gotta wait 4 weeks to have a taste.

maybe I'll have time to work on my project bike while tasting my project beer by then!

I used to brew beer in my teens and I did wine till i got sick of cleaning everything in sight. Good fun, but drank it too fast and alchohol is cheap nowerdays!

yeah ...always wanted to try it..gotta a few people I know into it...kinda neat hobby...little mad scientist in me enjoys it so far...have to see how it comes out.

i've been brewing for a few years. first batch was a great IPA. last batch was a pumpkin ale using pumpkin instead of grain. next up is a scotch ale, then a barleywine (it has to age 1-2 YEARS before it'll be ready). this summer i'm going to attempt a trappist style beer. let me know if you have questions. i know a few resources that can help. my advice is read brewing for dummies, it has a lot of good practical knowledge, pick up a subscription to brew your own magazine or follow online, and ask lots of questions to fellow homebrewers.

I live in wine country here and have done that before. A few friends have done beer but for the cost and time I just go to the store to get mine:laugh:

I just got done bottling my Blackened Vanilla Stout...sample seemed to have promise...will give it a few weeks and taste.
I also have an extract Scottish Ale resting in the primary for another week or so.

@xschris the beer i want to drink i can't get for 85 cents per bottle, which is about what it cost me to make it. i've made enough batches that i've paid off my equipment cost. i will say brewing is like our bikes. always tinkering and buying new crap that we don't usually need in search of perfection :)

I am kind of spoiled I like about 5mins from two micro breweries where I can get a big jug filled for a few bucks:laugh:

You have to buy the jug from them first and then the refills are cheap:)

Back