Are these the right carb holders?

Joshwuh

XS Student
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought these carb holders and I think I might have been a little too anxious to get them because now that I received them I'm not sure if they are the correct ones. They said they were for a '77 but these have brass nozzles on each one, as you can see in the pic. I vaguely recall them saying something about NOS in the description. Could this perhaps be the purpose of the nozzles? And if so, or regardless, will these work on my '77 XS400 or can I make them work (maybe by plugging them).

Attachments

• 0721112146.jpg
    0721112146.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 206
They look right. With the stock petcock, the left one supplies the vacuum for the petcock. The brass ports are also needed to balance the carbs. The right one is normally plugged unless you are balancing the carbs. If you have a manual petcock, get a vacuum line cap for both.

Haha thanks guys! I just replaced them and realized that I didn't see nozzles on the old ones because they were covered by a hose and a plug :doh: N00b mistake lol. It was all fairly simple and straight forward but for anyone who might be wondering I had to take my carb and air filters off to get to the inside screws on the boots. But it was still relatively easy.

Also, for anyone thinking about replacing their boots, the screws on the boots were really stuck in there so I turned on my bike and let it run for a bit to warm everything up and that made them come out much easier, although I still had to use a pry bar/rubber mallet to break them loose :)

Back