baffles and soud.

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Probaly asking a rediculous question but I wanted to see if anyone would know what my pipes with these baffles will sound like.Attachment of baffles in pipe included.Also these baffles are approximately 15 inches long.

Attachments

• baffles.jpg
    baffles.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 76
  • baffle 2.jpg
    baffle 2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 72
Start the bike and find out:confused: With such a small amount of material to stop flow I don't think it will do a lot. Also if the metal is as thin as it looks the heat will cause the "baffles" to flatten out over time, I would think.

If you see how these are made where the tabs overlap and are staggered so you can't see through them, that is what you need to get any real quieting.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!ocE-yDKez0qBP-2D0bWMQ~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!ocE-yDKez0qBP-2D0bWMQ~~60_57.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 92
Specdog if my pipes sound anything like the sound clip it will be bad ass.
Xschris I cant start the bike with them because I havent had them welded on yet.Unfortunatey that probaly wont happen till next month.I also dont think those triangler pieces inside the baffles will move and do anything to change the sound as there is quite a bit of space between them.Im thinking of fabricating a plate that can be welded on the ends with some holes drilled in them allowing the exhaust to pass through.

Back