buyin an xs400

suffolkbobber

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is JT. im 18 and love bikes. Just recently built a Hardknock bobber, i bought it for $800 and tore it all down, replaced frame and a new larger engine along with other parts. My buddy has this old xs400 with no title/no keys. It was his grandfathers and its in pretty rough shape. I plan on building a hardtail bobber out of it, im pickin it up for $100! yes $100. I hope to pick it up soon, just gotta find the time and then i will post pics. i know it has good compression, i kicked it over a few times. im sure the first things i need to do it drain the oil and clean the carb to jsut HOPE it may start, which i think its gunna need more than that! but just wanted to introduce myself, see what everyone thinks.

here is my hardknock 200cc
downsized_0212111850.jpg

hopefully over the next year, i will be able to learn alot and build my bike. ill get pics ASAP

Nice 5150 man! I have thought about picking one of those up to teach a few buddies to ride.

Good luck on the XS400, be sure to start a build thread when you tear into it. PM Travis on here for hardtail info too! I would also do a compression test before trying to start it, it still may be low even if it kicks over.

wow, that looks amazing! good work there.

good luck on the xs build, loads of info in this site and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Hey,welcome to the forum,Good luck on the rebuild of the xs! If it's been sitting unridden,might be a good idea to remove plugs and pour a few tbsp's of atf[auto tranny fluid]to soak the rings,lube the cylinders.That'll give it more compression,and soak the rings that may be stuck to the piston grooves.Soak overnight or longer. Good luck, lha

Hey,welcome to the forum,Good luck on the rebuild of the xs! If it's been sitting unridden,might be a good idea to remove plugs and pour a few tbsp's of atf[auto tranny fluid]to soak the rings,lube the cylinders.That'll give it more compression,and soak the rings that may be stuck to the piston grooves.Soak overnight or longer. Good luck, lha
thanks for the info, i have read that somewhere else before as well.
hardtailed77: dont think twice about the hardknock, cheap bikes, fun as hell to build and so much room for customization without spending a ton of money! everyone on hardknockforum.com is great, alot are assholes but they still help you however they can. mine started as a 110cc black frame, flatblack tins, drag bars, and dirty as hell. now is a 200cc, chrome frame, custom painted tins done by myself, and apes. i love it.

Back