carb basic setting for my frenck tracker

niko

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello,

I will attack the setting of my machine.
I adjusted ignition in static but I do not have strobe to adjust advance.
have you a method to control?

So actually i've stock exhaust and Pod filter BMC (quality like KN) and stock jet 125 , what basic setting(jet size, jet needle...) do you think i can try to start correctly?

tks

I just adjust it static. If it runs right that way, no further adjustment is necessary. If there is no mechanical problem with the ignition, static should be enough.

I could not say exactly, but my strategy would depend on how much you pay for shipping on jets. If shipping is expensive buy more sizes up front, but if it is cheap hold off. You probably need 1 size larger pilot jet and anywhere from 1 to 3 sizes larger on the main jet. I would raise the needle all the way up (drop clip all the way down).

If shipping is cheap raise your needle all the way and start with larger pilot jets. See what happens; it should still run even with stock main jets, but the amount of backfiring will give you idea of how lean it is. Obviously, don't run it for a long time if there is a lot of backfiring and its way too lean.

I think I recall other people with pods and stock exhaust using something like 2 sizes larger on the main jets.

tks for reply,

what is 1 size up? my stock main jet are 125, one size is it 130?
i've bought 2 other size long time ago : 132,5 and 135.

i have always a problem with my bike, I can hardly exceed 3000 rpm when i drive the bike but it's possible in static !
I undesrtand nothing!

please help me

Back