Electrical Wiring: Fuse Box Question

FirstProjectBike

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I'm starting on my first xs400 (1982) and it seems to have its fair share of electrical issues as it has been sitting a while, namely a lot of the wires are scattered about; while I am working through this, I noticed that one of the fuses, the 20 amp, was blown. Naturally, I would like to replace this and try to start it up, but I don't know which of the red wires goes with each side of the 20 amp. I have two red wires that fit coming from the same group of wires (taped together). Does it matter which side which goes on? Am I interpreting these diagram incorrectly in the first place? Would appreciate any help.

Last edited:
IMG_7193.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7193.jpg
    IMG_7193.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 49
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike. I hope you have a lot of fun with it. Part of that fun is sorting through the old bike issues and hopefully learning some new stuff that you can use over and over again.

On the red wire question, for a fuse, it does not matter which side the wires connect to. The 20amp fuse is indeed connected between the solid red wires and those wires will be slightly thicker than all of the others.

Back