finallycafe racer started and driven!!! (video)

tbakic

1st cafe project underway
Reaction score
here is link to my cafe build http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6382

okay i havent posted in forever because i havent really had time to work on my cafe build, but i got some time and money and i got my bike ready to start! i got all the following done

cleaned carbs twice
2 up on main, 1 up on pilot ( if i remember correctly)
3 turns out air screw
pod filters
straight though mufflers
new iridium spark plugs
oil change w/filter
battery

as well as reassembling my front end/re wiring my headlight, it was a mess from the previous owner trying to fix it. once the bike started i couldnt believe i wired the headlight correctly as it lite up for the first time :D

other misc stuff i did was apply solder on connectors to everything and got rid of awfull crimp ons ewww.

so when i started it it revved at 4,000 rpm with full choke, i let that sit for about 2 min then went to half choke and it idled aroud 1,800, about 5 min later and no choke and the bike was struggling to stay alive so i turned the idle screw (i think, big on on bottom between carbs) little by little till it idled around 1,100 rpm. When i gave it gas in N the rpms would hang up high for about a sec or 2 before dropping, another 5 min or so of idle and that issue cleared itself right up :) then i rode it around the block and as i coasted the bike wanted to keep going/giving itself gas and when i put it in N it was idling around 3-4,000 rpm again so i guess i adjuested idle screw too much while bike was still too cold :doh: so i turned that down to proper idle and the bike seemed to drive just fine, i didnt go full throttle but i gave it a lil and it had no hesitation/popping that i could notice so that made me VERY HAPPY!!

ok finally the video :)

Back