First bike....have questions.

Shibby

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a 80' xs400. The bike ran when I got it home. I started removing stuff I dont need/want. My intentions are to make it a bobber, then this winter hardtail it.

Anyways, I have been looking at a few schematics, on this website and others about the carbs. As of now the carb on the left side,(when sitting on the bike.) Has a fuel line running from the tank. Now shouldnt the second carb have a hose fitting on it? I havent been able to find a pic or diagram showing this but it makes sense that there would be. But where the fitting should be on the other carb, it looks as though it was plugged by previous owner.

Iam new to motorcycles, as this is my first one. But my mechanical ability is good. So sorry for the newb question. But Im ready to get this bike on the road.

Thanks alot,

-Sean

no. there is a cross over tube in the middle that feeds gas to the other carb. Oh btw welcome:)

Look between the two carbs - you should find a short fuel line connecting the two. I too was perplexed until I pulled the gas tank and could look down between the carbs...

Edit - Doh - Houghmade is the faster gun - beat me to it

Ill smack your dirty hippy mouth with my hose. Lol

Ive never messed with a bike or carbs for that matter. Use to fuel injection.

Thanks though

Back