Hello!...

atsburi

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum:) Neat looking bike, did the xs400 engine come with the bike from the factory? or did someone put it in later.

Hola,

Yamaha bought out Sanglas and then shut the factory down.

I posted a few on this forum in various places

like this one

main.php

like this one

main.php

Hello to all again.
Lupe.
!yes! my bike is exactly like this!...
Spanish factory was built their last bikes with yamaha XS 400 engine from 1977, and closed the factory in 1982...
But before 1977 the bikes made were, a single cilinder four stroke starting from 295cc, continue 350cc., 400cc., and 500Scc...Factory build at same time some two stroke 50cc. and 100cc, and fews 250cc. two stroke too English twin Villiers engine.
Sanglas was the most great company from 1945 building bikes for the mojority of the state policemens of Spain, but there are Sanglas bikes in Deustland, England, France, and others country.
Here is the Sanglas club of Catalonya:http://www.clubsanglascatalunya.com/
And here the Spanish club:http://clubsanglasmadrid.com/
Thank you for your warm welcome, I hope show you my Sanglas 400Y very early.
I can´t answer to your all, sorry!...Antonio

Last edited:
Wow that is nice looking!

Welcome to the site mate!

Yes!!...it is!!...

But it needs a complete restoration, it was stoped more than 19 years, now, I want to restore it in my spare time at its new factory shape (like it was made).

Welcome to the forum:) Neat looking bike, did the xs400 engine come with the bike from the factory? or did someone put it in later.

Hi, xschris.

Yes!...The engine was as "original made in the factory" (a great fake)...No others put this engine in the Sanglas bike.

But The first factory originally engines were a single cilinder four strokes, as I explain before.

At last from 1977-78 the factory put yamaha Xs 400 twin for its modernity and obsolete singles that they came from 1945.

The factory closed the activity in 1982.

Back