Ignition Coil Question

Gabys79

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was checking the spark plugs and part of the cable stayed attached to the spark plug and won't screw back into the cable. I just figured I would replace the cable. Now that I am breaking down the bike to the frame, I noticed that the ignition coil has the spark plug cable permanently attached. :(

Can the cable be repaired? The coils are currently working fine or should I just get ignition coils that you can change out the cables ???

Sounds like your spark plug cap.
!BZIDZ4wCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1)bDiBKlH-C4HY!~~_12.jpg

You can replace just this part and leave the coils on there. Saves you some $ :)
A picture would help though, how bad is the end of the cable? And in what condition is the cap? :)

If you have enough wire you can just cut a small amount of it off (1/2 inch) and you should be good.

Yes, cut a small length off as said in previous post but, if you haven't done so already, replace the plug caps with new ones as the resistors in the caps burn out. Use the non-resistor NGK spark plugs.

Cool Thanks Guys!!

The cable is fine, And the spark plug 'cap' is the one that has a little piece inside that fell out and won't stay in. Guess it doesn't matter right now since I am breaking down the entire bike and can't ride it anyway.

Add to parts lists: spark plug caps. :)

Back