It's ALIVE!!!!

ddzmcc

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking for awhile now. My cousin gave me his stepsons 79 XS400, it hadn't run since he pulled and cleaned the carbs. It is in good shape, some surface rust here and there, broken cables, etc. First order was to try and get it to run. Pulled the carbs and this kid should have stepped away from the motorcycle. The bellows on top of the carbs were both unseated and pinched under the top. Both pilot screws had been ground down to half their original length. Fuse block cut out. I cleaned the carbs per instructions here, replaced all the Phillips screws with allen cap screws, looked brand new. So I put the carbs back on today, put some gas in the tank, put the battery charger on the cables, kicked a few times and she fires up.:thumbsup: Both cylinders firing, runs nice and smooth, a little high for idle, haven't worked that out yet. Bike has 13k miles on it. So now I get to decide what to do with it. Have seen pictures of some Cafes I really liked, will probably go that route. Will be back regularly to research, and keep everyone up to date.

Back