lower compression pistons

I've never seen any. I have heard of people putting a thicker cyclinder base gasket on though...

if your going turbo I wouldn't recommend thicker gasket, you would need a copper one for turbo any way or else it'll blow the gasket out.

use a "wills ring" a groove machined into the mating surfaces to stop blow by under force induction with a stainless ring of wire

2006100308546800232Pintoblock-oring-2.jpg

Hillman+Imp+body+turning+rig+055.JPG
The black rings are the Wills Rings,they are gas filled tubes which are located in a special groove thats milled into the face of the alloy head

you going Turbo?

get them machined or open the squish area up in the head

looking into it, had thought of the xj 650 turbo as it's a small unit, but also looking at small car ones. had thought about the smart car, it's 600cc turbo but the turbo and manifold are made as one so looking else where at the moment. still at the research stage yet :banghead:

there was an xs400 turbo used in straight line racing here in the UK. I tried to contact the owner to no avail

full

thicker base gasket wouldn't see any turbo pressure?

the cylinder will have more air fuel mix and will burn more efficently. this increases compression considerably/creates more heat. depending on the pressure set, you could blow the pistons through the engine case (now we have waste gates to counter that)

the cylinder will have more air fuel mix and will burn more efficently. this increases compression considerably/creates more heat. depending on the pressure set, you could blow the pistons through the engine case (now we have waste gates to counter that)

yes it does create more pressure thus more heat, by forcing more air/fuel (can be upto 40% more) into the cylinder, but that is above the piston and not at the bottom of the cylinder where the base gasket sits, so thicker base gasket could be an option if there are no other options, that is what I was saying :thumbsup:

yes it does create more pressure thus more heat, by forcing more air/fuel (can be upto 40% more) into the cylinder, but that is above the piston and not at the bottom of the cylinder where the base gasket sits, so thicker base gasket could be an option if there are no other options, that is what I was saying :thumbsup:

ah yes, I read cyl head gasket in me head and really didn't read your post properly, my bad :)

thick base gasket raises barrel which means a bigger squish area = lower compression
( PISTONS WONT REACH TOP OF BARRELL )..easiest ,cheapest way of lowering compression ..you can either have one lazer cut or use 2 -3 base gaskets ..think cometic would be the people to go to in the USA

http://www.cometic.com/custom.aspx

checkout halffastchicago.com there is a guy on there that is doin a turbo CB750. it looks pretty small, i think its a garrett GT17. you cant look at it tho. gotta live in the area. :D check out the xs650 turbo on xs650.com that might help

"there was an xs400 turbo used in straight line racing here in the UK. I tried to contact the owner to no avail"

I may have a contact for the owner/builder. someone on britchop just gave me the nod

Back