My free project

Hoffmannj

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So I was hanging out with my buddy in his Ballard studio when he asked for me to help him out. He mentioned that he didn't have any money to pay me, but he will find a way to reimburse me. He told me to think of some ideas and we would talk more about it. After a while I got to thinking and it came to me, the bike! He was planning on selling his 1980 (later found out it was a 1981) Yamaha XS400. He had taken it apart to attempt to bob it but he never got around to doing anything except sandblast some things and prime them. I passed the idea by him and he agreed! So now I have got myself a new project. From the get go I knew I was (am) going to cafe it so now I've got a bunch of parts and plan on putting a little caffeine into this bike. The problem I have is the fact that its into about 3,682.5 pieces and I haven't a clue what went where. So that being said I might need some help from this XS enthusiast community in figuring it out as I go.

Here are some pics!

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 182
For some reason they show up upside down. iPhone does not classify as a smart phone. It is pretty dumb if you ask me.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 195
It's not your iPhone, it's the forum software that isn't interpreting the photo's metadata correctly. And nobody asked you. :shootme:

Looks like you have a 'blank canvas' to work on. I'd strongly suggest making a detailed plan. It sucks to change direction half way through a build. And it is expensive to buy parts twice...

Back