My Introduction

cmoore352010

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all i am new to this forum and before i go through and start asking questions and posting replies i thought it would be proper to introduce myself.
I am chris from norfolk, NE. i am 37 and i recently aquired my first motorcycle. It was an old 78 yamaha xs400 that i traded a computer for it. I picked it up in decent condition such as the seat is not torn and the tank, side panels are ok but in need of a paint job, but it had tons of dust on it as it sat in a barn and looks like a total tear down/rebuild/restore project. The engine feels like it siezes up when trying to kickstart it and probably needs to be rebuilt. (kickstarter takes all my weight to get it to move and not enough to turn the engine over).The wiring looks frayed and worn and probably should be replaced, The chain is rusted and i used some chain oil to lube it up(will probably replace as i rebuild this bike). Both tires will be replaced and the frame needs some rust protection added. Some of the chrome parts had rusted.

Anyways I will be posting pics of the project from time to time and may have some questions as i progress. My goal is having it ready by the spring time 2012.:thumbsup:

i posted pics on the forum already if ya'll haven't seen them they are in my album and in the pictures section of the forum.

Back