Need to find good carb kits

lhaolpa

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
Hi ,I've been looking for a good source for carb kits for my '82 xs400rj seca.Everywhere I look,they offer some parts,but I want to rebuild them right.There was a post with a kit,but the site was in the U.K.,and I'm in Hillbilly country[$$$ for shipping].If somebody can put me onto a good source,I'd be grateful. lha:banghead::bike:

In my search I have only seen "complete" rebuild kits available in the UK and Germany. No one else seems to carry much beyond the most basic parts.

Yeah,and when you add up what's available,you'd be much better off getting everything together,as you typically pay freight on each item,even if you combine shipping and handling charges.You have to go to several sites to get all of the things available,so shipping on each item.Yamaha shops try to gouge you,If they have any parts. lha:banghead:

I have found a few places that have kits for xs650,but not 400s.Actually I'm looking for a kit for a dt400b,1975 model,even older and more rare.I've cleaned and rebuilt it,and am waiting for a time when my back pain,arthritis,etc.give me a break.Anyone who has a good lead,jump in!......lha:banghead::bike:

Don't RDs have 2 cylinders,DTs are onelungers.Thanks though I may be wrong!!!!That's happened before!!!!Oh,I did Google Keyster carb kits,and had some results,but nothing I'm looking for....lha:banghead:

Don't RDs have 2 cylinders,DTs are onelungers.Thanks though I may be wrong!!!!That's happened before!!!!Oh,I did Google Keyster carb kits,and had some results,but nothing I'm looking for....lha:banghead:

Yep they are, my bad:banghead:

I have a '82 xs400rj seca,DOHC and didn't see any for mine.Also looking for '75 DT400b,saw kits for '76-79dt400c/d/e,none for dt400b. lha

Back