New member, check out my bike and help me out!

domdom

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my XS 400 2e. The things I'd like to do in the long run are take it apart, powder coat the engine and frame and redo the wiring. I've never done either of those before, but it should be fun. In the more short term I'm going to get a new cafe racer seat and possibly new exhaust. I'm not quite sure. Take a look and tell me what you think! If you notice something you think I'd like to know, by all means, let it out. If you know where I can get a couple of parts you see missing PLEASE let me know. I now for sure I need a fuse box cover, new gas cap, and little cap on my clutch cover (left side). If you know where I can find either of those cheap, let me know.

Thanks guys.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_3007.jpg
    DSC_3007.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC_3022.jpg
    DSC_3022.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_3017.jpg
    DSC_3017.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_3028.jpg
    DSC_3028.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC_3015.jpg
    DSC_3015.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC_3012.jpg
    DSC_3012.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC_3016.jpg
    DSC_3016.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 272
You're also missing a clutch-side foot rest bolt. I have never seen the parts you are looking for sold individually at retail. Keep an eye out for parted out bikes in the classified here for things like that or try ebay.

Just be prepared to do more modifications if you want a cafe seat; it is more involved than one would first suspect. You'll need to relocate the battery and shave a few tabs off the frame. If you can't modify the frame to fit the new seat, you'll have to make a seat to fit the frame.

The paint you've done and a lot of the other detailing looks great so far.

Thanks guys! I'm excited to get to work on the seat ASAP. I'll post more pics as it progresses.

Is the current one over the stock frame? Or did you have to cut anything under that?

Also, I think Im respraying my bike...Youve inspired me to put my left over gallon of Porsche Guards Red to use.

Staycryptic, I haven't done much to the bike after getting it last week. I've only done some minor tune ups. The guy who had it before me painted it and he did a great job. The frame is stock and to my knowledge, nothing was cut. If bcware is right, I'm probably going to have to mod the seat bar a little to fit the cafe seat on it right.

Staycryptic, I haven't done much to the bike after getting it last week. I've only done some minor tune ups. The guy who had it before me painted it and he did a great job. The frame is stock and to my knowledge, nothing was cut. If bcware is right, I'm probably going to have to mod the seat bar a little to fit the cafe seat on it right.

Domdom, the frame has definitely been cut. The rear of the frame would look something like this...

2010%20TCU%20BBO%20015.jpg

The chunky rear fender, turn signals and stock seat normally fasten to this piece, which people tend to chop off to mod the back end of the bike.

Back