New member with a XS 400 Special

nallerplys

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im a new bike owner and found my way here, doing some "googling"
You were not that hard to find :D

I just purchased an XS 400 Special from 1982. It is an early stranded project and i got it throwing 200$ . . .Now comes the rebuild and im looking forward to do it.

Here is a Picture of the disaster then i brought it home

20150830_141051.jpg
20150829_183715.jpg

It comes with 2 engines, one complete and the other without cylinder and head, as you can see on the photo the front wheel is a wrong one.
Far as i can see i need to collect carburators, exhausts, front wheel and 351 other small rubber parts along the way. i start out in a month and in no hurry at all.
First things first, split the rest apart, blasting the frame with sand, giving it a new paint.

I hope to get help here when stuck in something, im a menber of Honda CR-V owners Club (us) and the few questions i have had there including rebuilding my vehicles engine and other parts made me a winner :thumbsup:

A little secret .... schyy! The red parts are changing to Elkhardt Green, all the bikes from 78-85 got that red diamond or brilliant colour (been there done that)

About me?

I live in Denmark with my wife and two boys working as a professional toolmaker, engineering high-end precision and know my way around tools, our small factory construct and make parts in a tolerance +- 0,0001 inch
We make special parts mostly used by the Medical and food industry.

Let the build begin :D

Kind regards to all
Henrik

Back