smurfy71

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey there, just stumbled upon this forum while searching for the XS400RJ.

I have just acquired an 1982 Seca 400 that is currently partially disassembled. It was left in a barn that my mother purchase 5 years ago and no one has claimed it. So by the rule of law, it is now hers. She gave it to me. I am now trying to reassemble it and see if it runs. I have found that some parts are missing (rear shock, headlight, airbox) but is seems everything is there to see if it will run.

My knowledge of mechanical issues is limited. I have rebuilt a Skidoo engine, which was fairly simple, I know this engine is a little more complicated. I owned an 86 Honda back in the day, but haven't ridden in 20 years.

Wish me luck, I am sure I will be asking many questions here in the coming weeks.

Murray

Took a couple pics today.

Also sorted out the wiring and put some gas in the cylinders and she fired up. Need to get a few parts and soon she'll be on the road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 242
Hey, somebody started your project for you already.

I suggest you concentrate on getting it running before putting a lot into much else.

Have fun.

That's my plan, but it did fire, so that's a plus. Need to locate an air box before I can run it for too long. Found one in the classifieds here, just waiting on a shipping cost from the seller.

I cleaned out the gas tank yesterday, the screens on the petcock have disintegrated, so I guess I'll keep an eye out for one of those too. Although I plan to run an inline filter anyhow.

Back