New rear axle

get 'em done in stainless. there is a UK supplier but I'm sure there are many vendors in your neck of the woods

i was just kiddin about the lathe. i wish i had one that i can use all the time. but i do have access to one every now and then... maybe re-pop some axles and such. best part is, all they have at my dads work is stainless:D

i was just kiddin about the lathe. i wish i had one that i can use all the time. but i do have access to one every now and then... maybe re-pop some axles and such. best part is, all they have at my dads work is stainless:D

that's shame, will just have to use that material then :D

if i were to make them, do you know the tread pitch, size, etc. should i cut them long for diff apps or should i keep it all stack, then do custom orders

You could do any thread pitch you wanted if you supplied the nut too. I've been wondering if they vary from mag to spoke to disc to drum????

bikerbob, why do you need a new rear axle? Do you need a longer one for a build, a shorter one, a thicker one, or are you just missing one? What are you looking for exactly? Stock replacement?

Stock replacement. The threads on the axle and the nut are damaged beyond what a tap and die can fix. They've been "modified".

Back