No power below 2500 RPMS

Not sure how your set up is but I have uni pods for my air intake and stock exhaust. I had the same problem. I had to rejet my pilots to 47.5 (up two sizes) and it runs a lot better in my low end. I also shimmed my needle up 1 washer (maybe 1/2 mm) but I'm not sure how much that did. Be sure to check for air leaks, especially around the butterfly seals. If it's pulling in a bunch of air when you take off, you may not be putting in enough gas to compensate.

If you are cleaning the carbs, you may want to consider changing the seals anyways as preventative maintenance. If you do, go on Amazon and buy yourself a set of JIS screwdrivers (everything on the bike is JIS) to remove screws in your butterfly shaft or you WILL strip them out. You might still anyways. You might consider buying replacement screws just in case (they're cheap). On a side note, I've noticed that my JIS screwdrivers help me assemble all the cheap crap I buy at #$%-mart (I wonder why:laugh:)

Other than that, I agree with HoughMade. It seems these bikes are made for higher RPM and low cylinder volume so it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to take off at 3000 rpm.

Back