Non electric start

Deccs4

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I was woundering if anybody has taken the electric start off of there xs400 i got a 81 that im making a ridged bobber out with pure kick start and no battery if anyone has done this and could help me that would be great.

Plenty of members have taken the e-start off. Might be threads on the subject but it's pretty straight-forward: take out the starter motor.
Going a bit further you could take the starter clutch off the rotor to save weight.

The "no battery" part is the hard part. The bike requires a battery whether you have e-start or not.
Going batteryless has been asked about plenty in the past year for some reason.
It's possible but nobody has done it since I've been on the board.

Thanks but im not worried about weight i just wanted to get the striped down bare minimum look

It'd be a lot of work and the only visual thing you'd accomplish is getting rid of the battery.

There are some very small batteries available that can be hidden out of sight without changing anything else on the bike. Could even leave the starter motor in as long as you don't try to use it.

Just don't be that guy trying to kick the motor over with bad carbs at a green light at a busy intersection after stalling. It's embarrassing for all motorcyclists across the world :)

Back