Noob in Kansas

Black12

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello from a currently frigid Kansas! I'm new to the forum but not necessarily new to bikes. I've got a couple scoots, but I don't technically own an XS400, although there is one in my garage:D I'm fb0mber's old man and it's his XS400 that's in my garage, lol! There's very few things I enjoy more than spending time and wrenching with my sons, so while he does all the work, I help out where I can. I'll be spending more time lurking and soaking up info than posting, but I figured I'd at least post up an intro. :cheers:

good ta meet ya!
I remember wrenching with my Dad over the years...now that hes gone...I cherish them even more.
Good to see a father/son(s) team in this day and age!!

Welcome! I have a little while until my son (4 years old) will be able to get his hands dirty, but he already looks at my scoot magazines! lol I can't wait!!!

welcome black12, I just bought my son a 1972 Gilera 50cc for when he's 16. I hope to restore it with him.

Well, it's definitely been a while since I've visited:eek: An update is in order, we've basically gotten nowhere with the XS400, but as they say, life happens. My son, fb0mber, is now a proud papa to a beautiful daughter and has his hands full taking care of his young family so I've taken over the 400(it is in my garage, lol!). Since I'm grandpa now, I've decided that the XS will be my grandkids bike to cruise with grandpa when they come visit. I've got my work cut out for me, the wiring is an absolute mess, so I get to yank it all and re-do it, the engine turns over, that's about all we know about that. The only absolute is that it will not be a restored stocker, nothing wrong with resto's, just not my cup-o-tea. There's no real hurry, my grandson turns 1 in Dec. and my granddaughter is 2 weeks old, so I've got time:laugh:

Back