proud as punch but still worried

saltydog

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello again from jamaica,my extended family. well you all would be proud as a chimpanzee getting a blowjob from a zebra of me lol. yes yes..i have sourced the igniter box for the maxim 400 xs,boiled my carbs with lemon juice and brake fluid,put everything back on the bike,turn on the petcock and she started in one go..did a bit of balancing with the carbs and she is running like a dream. well today i went to my friend's body shop and he di the tank and flarings and such the likes in shiny black for me:D they are still a bit green so against my excitement i decided to wait till tomarrow to put them on but boy she looks great. the only issue i have now is the sidestand switch thing that shuts the motor off each time she goes in gear. the rear wheel is off the ground so i think she should not stall but al least keep turning the wheel. i took the advice of a few of u guys..gutted out the switch,knotted the wires together but it still wont keep up..the previous owner told me he used to have to ground the neutral switch wire to the frame but that keeps the neutral light on and i dont want it like that so i would gladly appreciate and other suggestions....the kill relay has a blue/w.red , black and white and black wires coming from it. any suggestions?
how did u do yours?????:confused::confused:

sounds like a bad relay, find the relay and the thick wires just need connecting together. effectively by passing it.

the smaller wires will be the live and earth to activate it, via that switch.

ps you can keep your menagerie thanks :laugh:

Back