Tank - Bodywork finally done and painted

bcbobbers

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to share some pics with you since I just finished all the body work and painting on my tank. I shaved the side brackets that the Yamaha emblems attach to and then filled in quite a few dents and scrapes. I am certified in auto body so it was a pretty easy project for me, but should be fairly easy for anyone to do, I'm helping my buddy do the same to his xs850.

The paint is a semi gloss black that I actually rattle canned. I didn't really want to put a bunch of money into the paint at this point because, I'm trying to keep it low budget, and I couldn't entirely decide on a paint scheme so for at least a year it will stay like this. Making progress like this just makes me can't wait for SPRING:bike:

Attachments

• DSCN0256.jpg
    DSCN0256.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCN0269.jpg
    DSCN0269.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN0276.jpg
    DSCN0276.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 282
I know what you mean about paint schemes, mine kept on changing!

we call semi-gloss, "satin" here in blighty which is what my frame and seat is going to be!

semi gloss is a step up from satin towards gloss. where im from. flat>satin>semi gloss>gloss

thanks mikey. Yeah now that I am done with the painting for now, I really just want to finish up my exhaust and order up my pods, rejet and get it running right. Spring is coming and I don't want to miss any riding time this year.:D Also the "semi-gloss" rattle can I used seemed to turn out a lot like an eggshell clear when you see it in person although my girlfriend couldn't tell the difference from when it was just primered:banghead:

Back