Turns signals fixed.

unleashedlive

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I pulled out all of the wiring on my build and am doing it from scratch.
I've got LED turn signals on the rear and incandescents on the front.
I've tried 3 different relays and I can't get any to work on either sets of lights.
So I'm looking for some help.

Here is the basic diagram I'm working off of (for the 2 prong relay). One thing to note is that I haven't implemented the diodes, is this critical to get a flash out of either types of bulbs?
IMG_1295.JPG

When I wire this up without the relay the lights work fine, just no flashing with both types of lights

Here are the relays I've tried, the 2 prong is digital (I believe) so that should only work on the LED, correct?

IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG

If the diodes are critical to getting the flash to happen (this seems odd to me but maybe they are), what size diode do I need?

I used this ep34 relay I picked up at autozone and have had no problems, One of the wires needs to be cut and ran to ground, there's a write up somewhere on it
20180821_103449.jpg

Sorry just realized you're not using the stock harness, not sure how it would work for your application

Ok so I'm thinking the issue was just the relays I bought. I bought another flasher and it works perfectly now. I'm happy it wasn't the wiring.

Back