XS GP4 build

Have you checked for chain clearance? With that tall of shocks on the rear your chain may rub on the swing arm.

Have you checked for chain clearance? With that tall of shocks on the rear your chain may rub on the swing arm.
Not officially. I looked at it in the summer with the bike on the center stand. I let the shocks loose so the wheel would drop flat and I could see what clearance I could get away with. You're right it's going to be close. With my weight added the suspension compresses and I think I'll be good. I may experience some rub only when the rear is unloaded from bumps, hills, etc. If need be, the shock is maxed out now and I can adjust it down a bit. I was also thinking of running a slightly larger rear sprocket to make her a little more peppy. That will also help get me some clearance. When done I hope to use the bike as a nice piece of art for in the office or somewhere inside. And ride it a few times a month around town and on the local back roads and mountian roads. I should be able to get by with a taller sprocket. Of course if it's too buzzy that won't last long. Also, if I ever decided to take it to a vintage track event that would also not work. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. In the meantime, you can follow along and see what that looks like in the future.

So you have used this on rims before?

I've never used it before. My plan was to give it a shot. If it needs touch up over time I can grab the paint at my local or probably any advance or AutoZone. Also, I will not be riding this bike as heavily as my other bikes and mainly plan on using it for Sunday rides and car and bike show events.

Back