XS750 tank on a XS400 which has XS650 mounting studs?

LuckyEight, thanks... I used some Jasco Paint Remover and found the holes you mentioned after removing the paint on that part:
14501571955_fb6cfaf7b0_c.jpg

Also super thank you to jmd_forest...
PepBoys didn't have it, so bought a highly-rated one that won't break easily off Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Blair-Equipment-11090N-Rotabroach-Cutter/dp/B000LQOCRK
and it worked out very well with my drill, very clean holes and popped right off.

Thanks again everyone,
Ari

Might have to delay this till this winter. Looks like my friend cant help weld until then.
Anyway here is another preview pic.
Put the stock tank back on after I took this pic. Stock tank doesn't look too shabby on it either.

14637306083_42bbe606b0_k.jpg

That 750 tank is sharp, though. Lovely colour, looks like it's in great shape. Did you paint the headlight bucket to match or is that just reflections?

hey levdir, Got it painted it to match.
I was thinking about blacking out the bike like how it was before, but would cost to much to get the tank painted (vs that small dinky/plastic headlight bucket :) ).
Yeh the tank is NOS, so its pretty great condition (but some fingerprints annoyingly under the clearcoat i realized later ...
think prev owner of the NOS tank re-painted it, since some guy told me old bikes from 70s didn't really have clearcoat on them?... true? ... He must have painted it pretty well as it seems to match stock red colors perfectly.
Then got fingerprints under be4 the clearcoat hehe).

Back