16" rear drum spokes.

dburrows6735

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if any of you had ordered any spoke from MikesXS? I have a 16" rear drum on my 81' heritage special and need new spokes. This set says its for a 16" drum for a XS650 but I would like to know if it fits the 400 rim? Are the diameters the same on most spokes?

http://www.mikesxs.net/product/19-0048.html

If not any other ideas. I have searched the threads and look at the guy on Ebay but Mikes is WAY cheaper.

Thanks Guys!

No fit. 650 spokes are 8ga. I bought a set for a 650 hoping they would fit my 400 since both are 16". The nipples will fit if you drill out the rim but the length is off as the drum on the bikes are apparently different size.'
I have a set on ebay for a 650 and cant sell them for 20 dollars....

I recommend sending your wheel to Buchanans rim and spoke in CA. They will build your spokes, and install them and return ship for around $250.
I did after searching all over the web and to no avail...I had 8ga stainless wire and nipples and could not be happier.'
If you have good spokes to send as samples, you can just get them to make some for a lot less./

MrYeats,

Are the spokes to long or to short? I could cut them and re-turn them if they are too long. I only need 3 spokes!!!!! This is going to be the death of me. I should just start looking for a whole wheel replacement.

There is a good junk yard in Minneapolis, Ill have to take a look.

Thanks again.

be sure to pay attention to the subtle anular differences in the turns on the spokes. One way is for inner and the other for outer.

Back