81 XS400 Repair Manual?

Chickenone

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANyone have a clear clean Manual for 81 Xs400SH??? im rebuilding one from ground up... i have a repair manual but pics are black and cant see them... yes i need Pictures..haha

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 775
I'm looking for one too. Mine is a 1980 model and I am hoping to finish with a Cafe style bike. I went to Barnes and Noble and they couldn't even order one. The guy said they are out of print (Haynes). Of course the Stealership has them for $100, but that's what I paid for the donor bike! Chickenone, if you find a way to get a new one, please post how you did so. Thanks!

I'm going to try BN.com

i got manuals but can't seem to upload them and they are a weighty file size. any ideas? I don't want to do it per individual, I 'aint got the time!

Yikes! if emailing them doesn't work, I can give you FTP access to the server so you can upload directly. Do you have an FTP program on your computer? If not, you can FTP using Internet Explorer.

how much of a stretch do you have? im building my first bike and am trying to decide how much i want. i really like the look of what you have done.

They have them on flea-bay on a regular basis.I bought one,but it didn't cover a DOHC unit,so I sent it back.I finally found a micro fiche version,but have to go to the library to read it.I'm trying to figure out how to transfer to cd-rom. lha:banghead:

Salve cerco aiuto per Yamaha xs 400 special ,regolazione valvole e punte platinate.
Cosa servono le rispettive lettere sul volano LF_LT e RF-LT. Grazie

Salve cerco aiuto per Yamaha xs 400 special ,regolazione valvole e punte platinate.
Cosa servono le rispettive lettere sul volano LF_LT e RF-LT. Grazie

I wish I could understand this, but... thanks to google for translation...

LT - left cylinder Top Dead point
RT - Right

LF - Left firing point (for setting ignition timing)
RF - Right

Back