Bike redlines at 55mph in 6th gear.

Be careful when converting from metric. In this case Litres to U.S. Quarts is pretty close, but.....2300 cc's (Cubic Centimeters) = 2.3 Litres = 2.43 U.S. Quarts = 2.02 Imperial Quarts.

In this case the numbers are reasonably close but once you start getting into gallons vs. Litres or some torque values, i.e. lbs./ft. vs. N/M making assumptions can jump up and bite you in the butt.

Just double check if you are not familiar with metric conversion there are tons of free converters on the internet.

Good to know. I just gont home and checked my bike. The case says 2000cc. Is that about 2.13 quarts US?

I know I put three quarts in there. So I'm almost a quart over. I cant wait to drain it and see if I get my power back.

Thanks guys

1 quart = 946.353 cc, so yeah. You don't have to drain it all off though, just the excess. Just drain it slowly by cracking the oil pan bolt until it starts leaking. Do this while on the center stand and just close it when you can see the level in the glass reticule. It just sounded like you planned to drain it all, but I may be wrong.

Definitely not as fast as they'll go, same model as mine and I've been able to peg the speedo on I94; that was with the tach reading ~7.5k. Methinks they are related :D, but it COULD be something weird like the wrong sprockets on 'her.

Pegging my '82 RJ on I94 is exactly how she died :p

Yea you just put too much oil it, mines been doing the same and my bikes only a year younger than yours. I intentionally put in 3 quarts (for fear of ridicule i wont explain why :D) but yea your clutch is probably slipping. Just do another change and only put 2 and 1/3 quarts in, you should be fine after that.

On a change, i put in about 1.5 quarts, then use the dipstick to add the rest. Those with the sight glass can use that. Because it is difficult to drain all of the 2000cc capacity, I don't take it for granted that 2000ccs will go back into it.

On a change, i put in about 1.5 quarts, then use the dipstick to add the rest. Those with the sight glass can use that. Because it is difficult to drain all of the 2000cc capacity, I don't take it for granted that 2000ccs will go back into it.

2.2litres with filter change :rolleyes:

WOW, Sorry guys just found this thread again. I have to much oil in the case. Damn guy at the bike shop I want to said it was a 3.5 quart bike. Lat time I go there.

Maybe he thought you had a 650 or something? Everyone seems to think mine is a 650. The 400 engine looks large.

Back