Cracked Oil Filler Cap

mpark620

mpark620
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've noticed recently that I had a little oil surrounding the kickstarter. After observing closely it looks like there's a slight crack in the oil filler cap and it's spewing a little oil out, which is no bueno. I've searched online for a yamaha xs400s 1982 Oil filler cap, but can't seem to find anybody that carries it. Would anyone have any idea as to where I can find one of these guys, or it doesn't even need to be an OEM, if there's an aftermarket one I can use, I am open to that as well. Anything would help!

Mikey

Have you tried the local motorcycle salvage yards? http://grimcyclesalvage.com/contact.php

Last time I looked for local salvage yards, we use to have a website that would give you a database of sites in all the states, that was broken last time I tried to use it. but there was another question simuliar to yours that also pointed to Grim C. S. It seems to be about 1/2 drive south our SL city. Good luck

Take the oil filler cap and clean it well ontop.Then use some expoxy like jb weld and seal the crack.That should get you by till you can find another.

Back