DELETED RESOLVED

elkriverscott

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hours of carefully not stripping socket bolts from left side generator cover. (Heat, cool, repeat). Now, wires at bottom of cover prevent removing cover. Do not want to strip anything. Suggestion?
Cannot see very well due to cover bottom not moving. Some way to push wires out? Simple stuff usually leads to my problems.

Have a pic? Not really sure what wires as they are all behind the cover ?
Good idea, I'll get a picture. The coil and stator wires all go to a grommet on the bottom of the cover and then the wires disappear into the bike. I'm trying to figure out how to get the cover off with the stator attached to it. If I pull just a bit, the bottom won't go anywhere cause the wires have it trapped.

Good idea, I'll get a picture. The coil and stator wires all go to a grommet on the bottom of the cover and then the wires disappear into the bike. I'm trying to figure out how to get the cover off with the stator attached to it. If I pull just a bit, the bottom won't go anywhere cause the wires have it trapped.

Now that's odd you should be able to just pull it off in one piece. I have pulled 2 so far with no issues. You sure all the bolts are out?

400 003.jpg Resolved!
The stator and coil wires were held in casing by the triangle object . The coil wire bundle has one wire out of it going to the triangle object and one other wire going to the engine. Apparently the triangle is an oil sensor and the other is a wire going to a neutral switch. Thanks much for reading. Can't wait to help someone.

View attachment 30125 Resolved!
The stator and coil wires were held in casing by the triangle object . The coil wire bundle has one wire out of it going to the triangle object and one other wire going to the engine. Apparently the triangle is an oil sensor and the other is a wire going to a neutral switch. Thanks much for reading. Can't wait to help someone.

Ok good! I thought you could not get the cover off......yep the plastic is the neutral switch and the other one is a oil sensor. There is a tiny Philips heap screw on the neutral switch and both don't need to come all the way out as the connector is slotted.

My neutral lead was stripped when I went in and a vice grip was needed lucky for me a donor engine so extra parts.......

Back