First bike, new rider

CafeRocer

Harper
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Name's Harper, 25, musician/data processer. Living in Western New York State. Just purchased my first bike, 1980 XS400. I've only ever ridden my friends' bikes, and I've never worked on one, so you can bet I'll be on here doing research and asking you all questions when I can't find an answer.

The bike I purchased seems to run very nicely. Unfortunately I don't know the mileage and the former owner couldn't offer much information. On the title the mileage field just says 'exempt: bike over 10 years old.' Ah well. I'm in the process of getting the title transferred, registering and insuring it. Any suggestions for insurance companies/level of insurance?

Anyway, I'm storing it in my friend's garage for the winter. I'm trying to make sure I winterize it as best I can. I'll post photos soon. Right now the only issues with it I know of are a non-functioning electric starter and some visible rust within the gas tank and on the exhaust pipe.

Very happy to have found this community. I've seen some incredible rebuilds and mods on here already.

Here it is:

9pVsCzU.jpg

Harper

Last edited:
Back