From supporting GF to typical women

Beertcr

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Just had to share this because I was wondering if I am the only one.

My GF told my I needed a new hobby and was completely supportive when I bought the xs400 for a project. So now busy with the bike, and she doesn't mind me spending time on the parts or on the internet searching for stuff..

But.... I was cleaning my carbs in the dinner room, so the table now has two dents in it from dropping some tools, we could still laugh about this.. But when she found out that I boiled the carbs in cooking pot she turned out to be less supportive.. :banghead:
So after a discussion and some sorry's it was all fine again.

Now the funny thing: here dad also a bike/scooter builder and has parts lying in the whole house came around for dinner. So I told the story and his reaction? I don't see anything wrong in that, just clean it afterwards, but please just do it when your GF is out of the house for at least two hours:D:banghead:

Anyone with the same experience with the GF?

Now you know why it took me 8 months of shopping to find the home I wanted to buy. This one has a 1500 sq ft detached workshop! I can do what ever I want out there and she can't complain! And I do... ;)

My Mrs hasnt never complained about me bringing parts from my bike in our place.That support would end the day I decide to bring the whole bike inside though:D

Opps did we forget to tell you to google search "XS400 Wife or wives, GF, ... Significant Other, SO" I dont' remember anyone doing a thread on this one yet. Frankly I did mine on the turkey fryer, and outside.

Wouldn't be a bad series:):)

Normally I always work in the workshop but sometimes it nice sitting inside chatting to the gf and cleaning some parts. I already tried the subject "bike in living room" but answer till now is "Hell no"

It's a 'K' thing ;)

Sit her down and watch Long Way Round it's got two things going for it 1) Ewan McGregor and 2) Ewan McGregor :D You get motorbikes and motorbikes and more motorbikes and she gets...Ewan McGregor, Ewan McGregor, motorbikes, Ewan McGregor, motorbikes, Ewan McGregor, motorbikes, motorbikes, Ewan McGregor, motorbikes, motorbikes, motorbikes, Charley Boorman!

See what happened there? It's all about the motorbikes. :bike:
Motorbikes are sneaky.
:)

Back