FRONT BRAKE CALIPER DUST SEAL

cessnajumper

XS400 Member
Reaction score
s-l400.jpg It would appear that Mikes and Yama and Boat.net don't have a cross reference for a front brake caliper dust boot seal.
All over the net for 10 to 80 bucks for a kit. Are there any boots made for size? Width and height? Are the boots generic enough to buy one by size? Any way to find out if a different brand bike would fit?
Thanks for reading.
They are painting lines on the highway. Meaning goodbye summer.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't think there is a master list showing bike brake piston sizes. There easily might be other choices but no way to know and even if you get the right OD of the piston you are still faced with the fitment to the caliper itself, they can seal in different ways.

You can always CB750 it, or no dust seal used at all like the early ones do, you simply grease up lightly everything outboard of the piston seal itself and good for as long as 3-4 years before the grease dissipates enough to again begin to corrode the caliper housing to stick the piston. What the OEM method was there for years, My '77 CB550 does the same, they had not improved by going to a dust seal even then. Obviously you have to keep the grease directly off brake pads, it works fine then.

You are too cool for the room! Thank you very much for your reply and it would appear you are the only one on a couple of forums with any idea about the seal. I'll be sure and remember your effort and help someone else when I can. Have a great weekend. I
main-qimg-d15f801f45ab2174118c80f9dbd7a284.jpg
know I will!

Back