fuse holder and fuse size

vectra

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
just changed out the stock fuse block as it only had 2 fuse's in it
the other 2 was on then inline fuse holders
thing is they was all 15a fuse is this correct or are they supposed to be differant size
like 10a 15a 20a if so what goes to what ????
the wires i had if i remember correct on the fuse block was
2 red and yellow stripe
2 solid red
3 brown
and 1 red and white stripe

Solid reds are the main circuit (connects ignition with battery) and is 20A; the other three are 10A. Brown is what I call the secondary circuit, as it goes from the ignition switch to everything that isn't fed directly from the ignition. It feeds the three remaining fuses (the OEM harness has a red/white and red/yellow spliced into it). Find which two of your brown lines gets power from the ignition, and fuse one with the remaining brown ("signal" circuit) and the other with the red/white (Ignition circuit). One of the red/yellow wires also gets power from the ignition, so I'd hook it up to the same side of the fuse block as the two browns for consistency, and connects to the other red/yellow (headlight circuit).

i got all the wires done when i change the fuse block did it one set at a time
just did not know the fuse size all was 15amp so that is what i went with for now
but now i going to add the 20a to the solid red and 10a on the rest
thanks for that will correct this tomorrow

i got all the wires done when i change the fuse block did it one set at a time
just did not know the fuse size all was 15amp so that is what i went with for now
but now i going to add the 20a to the solid red and 10a on the rest
thanks for that will correct this tomorrow

Where do you live at in Mo. I'm in St charles County. Have a great day!

I just tried to start my bike and noticed that the Mains fuse was a blown 10A in the 20A spot. No wonder she won't turn over!

Back