Let's see what happens with this...

Found another xs400 on craigslist! For $75 I got a frame, engine, and lots of parts, including exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars with master cylinder and clutch levers, triple clamps, air boxes, headlights, and other stuff. Some I'll use, some I'll sell here. If I got a title for the frame, how much would it be worth by itself?

First, some pictures of the bike I found two weeks ago. I took it down to a mechanic to get the VIN inspected, which is the first step towards a clean title. I should have time later this week to turn in all the paperwork at the DMV, so we'll see how that goes.
IMG00531-20130601-1114.jpg

IMG00530-20130601-1113.jpg

And, I started sanding down the ugly bondo from the PO. I'll have to add a little more to finish filling up the gaps, and when I get the inside and outside of the tank de rusted I'll paint it. I still can't decide on a color though.
IMG00584-20130615-1609.jpg
IMG00585-20130615-1609.jpg
. This project is sure moving slow, but progress is progress.

I've been busy moving and setting up shop in our new place. Finally got all the paperwork done to get a title on the latest acquisition. I had to get a new VIN plate and some more inspections done, but I should be able to get the title next week. I can't decide. If anyone needs a titled frame, let me know. I'm also posting a lot of those parts to the classifieds.

Back