New Here,

Metalshaper

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello, New to this forum and sorry for the bad english i live in the south of the Netherlands i build low budget bikes as a hobby.
Hardtaild lots of Yam XS650 but prisses are goin crazzy overhere for the Yam XS 650, so the XS 360/400 is a good alternative.
My current project is a XS360 with broken of kickstart axle housing is this a common defect fot these Yamaha's ?
Have a second engine witch seazed up but the gearbox and axlehousing are ok.
Made one good engine out of two when i rotate the engine with a spanner on the crankshaft there is no problem,but trying to kickstart it bloks suddenly.
Annybody now wat could be wrong?,

Current Showbike El Chupacabra,
249df155.jpg
[/IMG]

My Guzzi Truxton style caferacer,
TTSpeedmachine014.jpg
[/IMG]

Honda Hardtail,
1c95d54b.jpg
[/IMG]
1152ca8e.jpg
[/IMG]

customer WalzHardcore project,
JohnDHardcores001.jpg
[/IMG]

Suzuki Hardtail 360 tyre jackshaft,
edd8404e.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
wow shaper, them some sick bikes you got there! love the truxton. jezzzz

nice work there on el Chupacabra!

did you misspell truxton and meant thruxton?

welcome to the forum anyway :thumbsup:

very nice rides man. i love the engine turned sode cover. i bought a new bottom end on ebay because my kickstart journal was cracked. i havent torqued everything down yet, but i feel the gear catch when i move the kicker. maybe something isnt lined up correctly, causing it to block? are both halves of the case off of the same engine, or is the bottom from a different engine than the top?

it gets even more confusing when i take of the valve cover there is no problem whit the kickstarter,it turns the engine over smooth.So there is no problem in the gearbox,clutch,crankshaft,timingchain or camshaft.

Made this a while ago for a friend who has lost his both legs in a accident, he rols his wheelchair into the side car and then klimbs on to his bike. Shifting via a electro magnetic piston.
0197img4460ta9.jpg

0197img4463ep7.jpg

0197img4464sr1.jpg

Back