New Member Into, and looking for 2 into 1 header for SOHC XS400.

SchumannMotorWorks

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Good evening! Happy to see a space for these bikes and own a '77 XS400D. Going to be working on a project over the winter and hoping to find a 2 into 1 header to purchase rather than having one fabricated, but will resort to that if needed. They seem to be out of production from MAC I assume? I specialize in cylinder head and valve train work for vintage Japanese bikes as well so willing to buy or trade work for a header. Could also use a second complete engine but pretty sure that's hard to find and have shipped, especially the 2A2 D model with the squared off fins like I need. I'm wanting to leave the working engine in frame while building the second one so I can keep in on the road. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
MAC no longer makes them. I don't know of anyone else either. So AFAIK you will have to find a used one on eBay or have one custom made.

Yeah I figured that would be the case, thank you for the response! I guess the plus side of custom is I can have an O2 sensor bung included for tuning.

Are you talking about Exhaust headers (noob here) - do you have the single to single headers? I have a double into single and am considering going single into single for my scrambler build (Im in North Portland, OR)

Are you talking about Exhaust headers (noob here) - do you have the single to single headers? I have a double into single and am considering going single into single for my scrambler build (Im in North Portland, OR)
Yes the exhaust headers. I have the stock dual exhaust and want to switch to the 2 into 1 single exhaust. Would be interested in seeing a picture of it and can PM my number. I'm in Milwaukie not far from you.

Back