Thanks, 1 Down

transcon1

Ride Friendly
Reaction score
Major thanks to XS400.com, its members and supporters:

I am finally riding my 1980 XS400SG after 22 years off the road. I spent the last 1.5 years restoring it, and it wouldn't have been possible without the help of everyone via all the resources on this fine website.

Along the way, I went looking for a replacement valve cover for a spare engine on Craigslist, but came up empty - instead finding a guy selling 3 more XS400s, all in need of major work. I learned from my first one that spending a couple of hours each evening wrenching vs. TV made me sleep much better, so I bought the 3 bikes. Now I'm starting on the second when I'm not riding.

My buddy bought a Yamaha Tenere adventure bike and I want to ride with him. I'm thinking of a mild xs400 adventure build with semi-knobbies, simple exhaust, and a straight 2 person seat with a small luggage rack behind it. Maybe longer, stronger forks. I'll definitely fabricate a skid plate, probably with a removable hump for the oil filter. Something like the Triumph Steve McQueen rode in The Great Escape. On/off road ... that's enough adventure for me. Shouldn't take too long. I don't want to cut anything or bob the tail.

Anyhow, thanks everyone. I'll post updates. XS400.com team, I bought a couple of t-shirts, but please let me know how I can keep supporting your wonderful site.

Attachments

• Officialimage000004.jpeg
    Officialimage000004.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 162
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image000004-all.jpeg
    image000004-all.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 156
Nice!

I think these bikes are like potato chips.........you cant just have one..........

Back