Other than your bike what other projects are you working on?

Completed the 150 mile ride around the yorkshire moors on my bsa 250 wih no problems, lots of 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 hills....great fun

Well heres what I completed today,I think it turned out great!I want to use some type of sheet metal for the sides and still have to fabricate the fenders plus come something different for tail lights:thumbsup:

Attachments

• finshed truck bed frame with side rails.jpg
    finshed truck bed frame with side rails.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 367
Well I've been texting with my niece who just bought a Yamaha R6 Crotch rocket and it occurred to me I'd like to have a Ural complete with the driven side car.

I hear ya! don't know if you've followed my thread at all but I have had some major elec issues myself. I've finally got it narrowed down to I need a complete rewire. Very norrow!lol I do have it charging but Bad connections and wires are causing a huge voltage drop in my system (no thanks to the PO). Hope your problems are getting better.

BTW, that bed looks great! For the lights, why don't you just install some universal trailer lights. You would just need to use a ground wire since it's attached to wood and not to the frame itself. I installed lights that way on my wooden utility trailer.

... I'd like to have a Ural complete with the driven side car.
Are you getting pessimistic about Minnesota's winter prospects already?

Attachments

• Ural, Snow.jpg
    Ural, Snow.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Santa's Ural.jpg
    Santa's Ural.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Ural - snow.jpg
    Ural - snow.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 359
RugbyWarrior I hear ya! don't know if you've followed my thread at all but I have had some major elec issues myself. I've finally got it narrowed down to I need a complete rewire. Very norrow!lol I do have it charging but Bad connections and wires are causing a huge voltage drop in my system (no thanks to the PO). Hope your problems are getting better.

BTW, that bed looks great! For the lights, why don't you just install some universal trailer lights. You would just need to use a ground wire since it's attached to wood and not to the frame itself. I installed lights that way on my wooden utility trailer.
Thank You for the compliment on the truck wait till you see what Im doing with the fenders and gas cap,Imagine if you will 50`s style fenders.That the look Im going for.I also made a cover for my gas cap by cutting the old one out of the bed.For the lights Im going to turn them sideways with the blinkers towards the outside.The will be fasten into the wood on the back end.Just have to fab up a mount.

Sorry I haven't follow your thread or much on the forum,I haven't had a lot of time but good luck with the wiring issues.
I don't need a complete wiring job just have to fix some connections

I added some stuff to truck since my 1st report today.I didn't want to use this stuff so I have this particle board for sides just temporarily.I :thumbsup:also got my gas cap on.

Attachments

• truck bed with wood sides and gas cap.jpg
    truck bed with wood sides and gas cap.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 342
  • truck bed wood sides back veiw.jpg
    truck bed wood sides back veiw.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 372
1974 BMW 2002 (weber sidedraft carbs, 9.5:1 pistons, 292 cam, race suspension, etc.). It's the beater autocross/track toy/commuter continual project.

1965 Datsun L320 truck. It's my classic hauler. It's mostly stock, and I need to get the interior back to stock next.

Cub Cadet 1641 that I just picked up, and my wife has a couple Subaru I have to work on.... and I have a miata I need to tear apart and put on a locost frame. But first, gotta paint the house and insulate garage.

The xs400 is just my commuter bike for getting to work and classes (PhD program is yet another project.....)

I just don't mind driving/riding (and living in) unfinished projects. :laugh:

I'm working on a PhD in molecular and cellular biology. I work on research full-time at OU, and so they give me free tuition.

SURRRRE, I've been to OU. I know what they do full time. They research the affects of alcohol on the body's molecular biology:wink2:.

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. I just graduated with a Masters a few years ago from Akron U. I remember how brutal the research was. It's no wonder you have other unfinished projects. I'm a civil engineer but the research was in water treatment and the formation of carcinogens from the chlorination of contrast medias. It may as well have been chemistry as I was using a GC/MS for the bulk of my research. Good luck with that.

I've got a couple thousand genetically engineered mice of all sorts, and they're used as models to study diabetes, aging, etc. I work at The Ridges (the old lunatic asylum on the hill). There's not much money in this kind of research, but it's rewarding and I love this area.
I used to be in the Yamaha Club xs400 forum regularly when I first bought the bike, and before this forum existed. Once I got the bike running well, I didn't post much and moved onto other projects (bought the truck and rebuilt the BMW engine). The bike has mostly sat for the last couple of years. Now that I have to go between the Ridges and main campus for classes, I've gotten the bike back out and I'm riding it regularly. It's near impossible to find decent parking on campus in the daytime with a car, but there are always m/c spots. The mileage makes it nice as well. I still have a few things to tweak on it, so that's why I joined up here. It's hard to believe there are that many xs400 enthusiasts out there now.

Got a question on the fenders,they are 16 9inches wide sheet metal.I want to fasten them on using tabs bent from the original metal.I think the metal tabs will be bent downward.I got a line on some 1/8 rolled steel 3ft wide by 8ft long and 1/8 or thicker .Guys wants best offer,what would it be worth?

Ive been to OU myself Oklahoma sooners kick butt,We don't mention the other OU on here forbidden,You forget where I live and other than MSU guess who our other rilvary is?

I'm not up to snuff on my football rivalries but if I'm not mistaken, I think you're thinking of OSU, not OU. OU is quite a bit smaller and are the Bobcats. Green in color. They are probably still DI but not even close to the Big 10. However, OU IS the ultimate party school in the country (or at least one of the). Even people from Kent state go there to party every now and then and that's saying something.

Back